Tonight was a great dinner night. It was cafeteria 'old' school. We have been talking about our favorite high school meals....so Craig went out and bought Salisbury steaks and rib sandwiches. So tonight it was the good ol' Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and corn. So strange the things that make our heart sing. Food is one of mine. I made a salad that my Grandma always used to make and the first bite tonight brought back a million memories. Another thing that makes my heart sing, playing softball. I guess I haven't realized how much I enjoy it just to enjoy it. Growing up it always felt like work, something else to do because that's what you should do. Now that I'm playing at church it's absolutely SO much fun! There's no pressure or anyone yelling at you to Focus from the sidelines, just me having a blast. My nephews, they make my soul sing. I call the time with them "soul" time. There's nothing in the world like them looking up at you, calling you "Abba," or the run they give when they see you. Pure glorious, soul time. Oh, one other thing, Monday nights. It's the best night here, just me, the couch and either tv or a book. To me there's nothing like wrapping up on the couch with a blanket, the air on full blast and a good movie or book. That's what makes my heart sing.....What makes yours??
No comments:
Post a Comment