Thursday, January 29, 2009

Victory

So tonight was an interactive Open House at our school, and I had to speak. I mean, I teach for a living, I get up in front of others and talk, present, and demo but strangers, that's a little different for me. But I am on a high right now, I actually did it, with out stuttering, saying um and my students, who were helping me, came up to me at the end and said I did a great job. Sometimes that's all this girl needs. I truly felt honored to be at my school, talking and presenting. I love what we stand for and how we do things and to share it is just a passion. As I was looking out at the floor today, hairspray flying everywhere, laughter and cuts galore, I was proud. Proud to say I teach others, and proud of who my students are and what they stand for. We have our moments, but we are so much fun! I love what I do and I love who I do it for.

On top of that, I started a new book, Saving me from myself by Brian "Head" Welch. Awesome, can't put it down. He is a rocker from Korn and has now found God. Must read, and oh yes I do read numerous things at once. Right now by my bed are four different books, I may not finish them all or read the proper way (I read the end, then the beginning and lastly the middle) but i do read! I know, like Mindy would say, I'm Quirky.

2 comments:

Dani said...

You're so cute...did you get my email?

Dani

SusanK said...

You sound sooooo good and I'm soooo
glad. You have really found your thing!!!! Love you Abby

Me