Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Turning Point

Today was a turning point for me in my faith. I have never really considered what it meant to help people along in their faith 'path.' My faith was just never really brought up before until about a year ago. So when I was talking to someone today, I realized I could make or break this conversation. You see this person is a 'nonbeliever'...I mean, they believe in the earth and we all have no meaning. To me I was totally lost. How can you look out at the world, whether it's sunny, windy or rainy, and say nothing has meaning. We were all born with meaning. We got to talking about sexual choices and how they were making such a horrible choice. So me, being me, began to go into how sex should be meaningful. How a relationship needs a foundation to build off of and what is happening in society is sex is the building point but slowly over time it crumbles because along the way no one has learned anything about each other only lustful feelings. We need to build respect, admiration and companionship up in the beginning to build the foundation for our future. This person I could tell was slowly letting the wheels turn. So I kept on going, how God didn't create us to be lustful but to be compassionate towards others and really build a 'love' for other people. And this can be taken into any relationship or friendship. I was just sadden that this person has spent so many years not knowing the grace of God and the love we can show other people. How sad must life be to live it like that?

At the end of the day, I got a tap on the shoulder and was told how they began to think and realized they needed to stop making stupid sexual mistakes and really rethink their choices. I was blown away, I really never thought it got through. So maybe this 'sharing' thing isn't so bad. I was just always so scared to share my feelings. God is really working in me.

No comments: