Today was just what I needed. We held an award ceremony (not actually) but we all drew a name and had to come up with an award to give that person about their character. The awards had to be home-made, nothing bought. Staff pulled a staff name and student pulled a student name. The awards were so great looking, from a rear view mirror, to a mother goose, to a mini van. (I know you are thinking, WHAT??) It was so emotional, I pretty much cried or held back tears most of the morning. I
received a Tiffany jewelry box, with an anchor on it and pictures of the men in my life (Elvis/my nephews)...the speech that was said was amazing. It was about the beauty of the jewelry box but what's on the inside that really counts. Our students also blew me away. They said some of the nicest words about their peers. I just sat back in awe of how the words just flowed out of their mouths, of encouragement, inspiration and genuine care for the other. I realized why I do the job that I do; To see the inner core of the human spirit, to encourage others, to guide them, to show them love, and to just be inspired by someone else. Today was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment